Monday, November 27, 2006

Well the short break is over and we're back to being on our own. We dropped Art off this morning at the airport and then stopped at Nanny and Grampy's for breakfast. We don't see them as often when Art is home as we're always so busy. It's another beautiful day and Dad has just taken the children for a walk to feed the ducks so I have a bit of time on my own. I have a yoga class to plan for tomorrow and I really should do some cleaning but it's nice to just do a bit of writing instead. One thing I miss with being so busy is that I don't get to write very often. Josiah is getting to the age where he can entertain himself for a bit but if I sit down he's in my lap so I would have to write from a standing position and I'm afraid that isn't productive. Preparations for Christmas have begun. Although there is no snow and not even any 'cold' weather Hannah is still hyped for Christmas so Art got the lights up and even put out our blowup Frosty that Nanny bought last year for the lawn. Oh, how I love those tacky Christmas decorations! Today is the first day of lobster season and I can hear the helicopters flying overhead as they make passes over the boats to make sure that everything goes smoothly. It's a great day to be on the water but it isn't always like this. It's the time of year that is so unpredictible on the east coast and although it's calm out there today that can change in a heartbeat. Although we are in for a mild winter I am sure that there are a few winter storms on the way.

No comments: