Tuesday, August 22, 2006


We went out to Gregoire Lake for the afternoon yesterday with Joyce. It was a hot day as it is again today. The temperatures had cooled a bit and I thought maybe fall was on its way but luckily summer is not over yet. We had a nice afternoon with Joyce. Josiah was asleep when we got there so I sat outside on a lawn chair and waited for him to wake while Hannah played in water with Joyce. It was a glorious break for me, I started to read a book but then put it down and just sat in the quiet watching the kids play in the water. Joyce had bought a giant blowup alligator, named Wally, for her grandchildren so Hannah had fun riding on him and then dragging him around the beach. I couldn't last too long in the hot sun so we headed home. Hannah and I had planned to spend some time cleaning out the van before dinner, a much needed chore. It was piled high with stuff from the summer as well as things left over from vacation. Mostly travel guides and garbage actually...and toys, beach toys mostly. We have a lot of stuff to leave behind on this trip, there's no way I'm dragging half of it home. Hannah has bought herself a few 'new' things which are either going to get left here or they will have to be packaged and mailed. We came will full suitcases and I don't believe we've gotten rid of anything 'old'.

Hannah wanted me to mention some facts from our vacation that got left out. For instance, we kept track of a lot of things that we saw, here is our list: 3 coyotes, 5 deer, 22 big horn sheep, 27 caribou, lots of llama and elk farms, 2 provincial signs (BC and Alberta), major city signs (Kamloops, Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Edmonton), the Pacific Ocean, the Juan de Fuca Strait, 4 rainbows, and too many mountains and waterfalls to count.

No comments: